Zuccon International Project and Picchiotti Yachts together for the first time.
PY Heritage 45 M marks the start of a new collaboration which pays tribute to Gerhard Gilgenast, one of the most important architects to work with Picchiotti Yachts in the past. The new 45-meter motoryacht will translate some of the style features developed over the years by Gilgenast into a more contemporary design language.
The fruit of extensive research by Zuccon International Project, PY Heritage is an extremely innovative yacht, with several features that put it in an unconventional niche, both as a classic expedition yacht and a support vessel for Perini Navi superyachts. The layout leaves most of the main deck free to accommodate two tenders (a sailboat and a motor yacht, both of nine meters in length) and two jet skis. PY Heritage therefore, acts as a transportation platform, responding to growing demand for more toys on board.
Another distinctive feature is the layout of the interior. The cross-section has been designed with a floor to ceiling height of three meters on the main deck and the extensive use of glass which further simplifies the relationship with the outside world and merges seamlessly into the interior space.
The yacht’s dual purpose defines its design language. The designer has worked to recall the classic and elegance of the lines for which Perini Navi and Picchiotti Yachts are renowned, while also incorporating an innovative approach to allocate outdoor areas for water toys. The outdoor areas become extremely liveable and, when the tenders are in the water, the bow portion of the main deck becomes a large lounge area that blends in seamlessly with the interiors and the bow cockpit, creating a unique and completely unencumbered space dedicated entirely to entertaining guests.
The areas reserved for the owner and guests are all on the lower deck. Here the owner has a large suite with a private terrace in the stern area. As this area isn’t taken up entirely by the garage, it can be used as a stunning sea level terrace by the owner.
“I can’t help but feel extremely honoured by this new collaboration,” said architect Bernardo Zuccon. “Picchiotti doesn’t need any introduction because it has written an important chapter in yachting history both in Italy and worldwide. Setting out along this path is a source of pride for our firm, particularly as we are doing so with a project that is both experimental and extremely fascinating, as well as one that wants to pay tribute to an architect that has made an important contribution to Picchiotti Yachts over the years.”
The PY Heritage 45 briefly
– PY Heritage is the first project undertaken by Zuccon for Picchiotti Yachts
– PY Heritage is a 45 m dual function motoryacht, which can be used both as a classic expedition yacht and as a support vessel for Perini Navi superyachts
– PY Heritage pays tribute to the most important designer who has worked with Picchiotti, Gerhard Gilgenast, embracing his characteristic style, but interpreting it from a contemporary perspective
– PY Heritage can carry a 9-meter tender and a sailing boat of the same length in the bow area of the main deck, plus two jet skis. Launching the tenders frees up this space, which becomes a vast lounge area.
– PY Heritage has extremely generous interior volumes, with some unusual design features (e.g. three meters of height clearance throughout the main deck).
– PY Heritage 45 M is a concept project that Picchiotti is presenting to its customers.